Visiting the Hawai‘i Institute of Marine Biology
We travel to the Hawai‘i Institute of Marine Biology (HIMB) with students from the Kulia Marine Science Club. HIMB is a world leader in research to understand and conserve tropical marine ecosystems. In recent years, HIMB has also integrated itself into the community, working with local volunteers, schools, and members of the public. Education programs focus on providing rigorous and authentic research experiences for high school and college students as well as for younger students, school groups, and the public.
Watch the trailer for Season 5, Episode 5 on Vimeo or Youtube.
FULL EPISODE (Vimeo)
Or watch this episode on YouTube
- Grades 6-12: What is an Invertebrate?
- Weird Science: Cool Invertebrate Facts
- Grades 6-12: Invertebrate Structure and Function
- Activity: Invertebrate Phylum Project
- University of Hawaiʻi Institute of Marine Biology (HIMB)
- Plankton Guide (developed by HIMB Education program)
IN THIS SECTION
Select a season of Voice of the Sea
Kanesa Seraphin, Ph.D.