Shark and Tuna Tagging
We’re Hawaiʻi Institute of Marine Biology on Moku ʻO Loʻe (Coconut Island), Oʻahu, checking out the latest in shark and tuna research. We’ll investigate the types of high-tech tags used for tracking these large predators as they swim across the ocean.
Or watch this episode on YouTube
- Grade 5: Food Resources and Fisheries Science
- Activity: Goldfish Party!
- Weird Science: Compare Your Sense of Smell to a Shark’s Sense of Smell
- Grades 6-12: Behavior and Sensory Systems
- Activity: Fish Adaptations to the Environment
- Activity: Fish Behavior
- Compare-Contrast-Connect: Comparing Different Classes of Fish: Sharks versus Bony Fishes
IN THIS SECTION
Select a season of Voice of the Sea
Kanesa Seraphin, Ph.D.