Sea Level Rise and the Ala Wai Canal
In this episode, we head inland to take a look at how rising sea level will affect our infrastructure, aquifers, and fresh water supplies. Researchers from the Univerity of Hawaii Sea Grant College Program and the School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology are using King Tides as a window into future ocean conditions, which will have dramatic effects on our island life.
Watch the trailer for Season 4, Episode 10 on Vimeo or Youtube.
Or watch this episode on YouTube
- Grade 5: Understanding Sea Level Rise
- Activity: Simulating Sea Level Rise
- Further Investigations: What’s wrong with this picture?
- Grades 6-12: Tide Prediction
- Compare-Contrast-Connect: Measuring Tides
- Activity: Tide Prediction
- Climate Connection: Tidal Power
IN THIS SECTION
Select a season of Voice of the Sea
Kanesa Seraphin, Ph.D.