Polynesian Voyaging Canoes
In this episode, we’re talking with voyaging canoe builders, navigators, and captains from Hawaii and Micronesia: Ka’iulani Murphy, Sesario Sewralur, and Tim Gilliom. These heroes share their stories and pass on knowledge to the next generation
Watch the trailer for Season 2, Episode 18 on Vimeo or Youtube.
Or watch this episode on YouTube
- Grade 3: The Forces of Wind
- Activity: Sailing by the Force of the Wind
- Traditional Ways of Knowing: The Hōkūle’a
- Grades 6-12: Wayfinding and Navigation
- Grades 6-12: Transportation and Ship Design
- Activity: Boat Floatation
IN THIS SECTION
Select a season of Voice of the Sea
Kanesa Seraphin, Ph.D.