Knowledge of the Past
We meet with elders from the island of Moorea, in French Polynesia. We learn about the Te Pu ‘Atiti’a Center and how it is helping to perpetuate local knowledge and traditions. The elders tell us about changes to the ocean in their lifetime, and how those changes have affected life in the water and on the land.
Watch the trailer for Season 3, Episode 13 on Vimeo or Youtube.
Or watch this episode on YouTube.
- Grade 3: Traditional Ways of Knowing: Influences on Ahupua’a
- Grade 3: Traditional Ways of Knowing: Words of Rain
- Grade 4: Traditional Ways of Knowing: Whale Communication
- Aloha ʻĀina Curriculum: Learning from our Kūpuna
- Grades 6-12: Cultural Survey Activity
IN THIS SECTION
Select a season of Voice of the Sea
Kanesa Seraphin, Ph.D.