We’re rehabilitating green sea turtles (honu) with the Maui Ocean Center Marine Institute. We rescue a turtle, learn about the latest techniques in turtle care, and witness the release of recovered patient MA164. Then, we explore the Maui Ocean Center and talk-story with the center’s cultural advisor and general manager.
- MOC Marine Institute: Sea Turtle Facts
- Grades K-5: Maui Ocean Center (MOC): Ocean Classroom
- Grades 6-12: Exploring Our Fluid Earth Reptiles
- World Wildlife Fund: Sea Turtle Toolkit (resource guide and six activities)
- Maui Ocean Center Marine Institute (MOCMI): Mission to inspire lifelong environmental stewardship and ensure the survival of coral reefs and sea turtles in Hawaiʻi through science-based conservation efforts, education, and outreach.
MOC Marine Institute works in collaboration with NOAA Fisheries. All sea turtle response, rehabilitation, and tagging authorized under NOAA Permit: 21260.
Select a season of Voice of the Sea
Kanesa Seraphin, Ph.D.