We check out the supersized aquaponics setup at Maui Aquaponics, where Ed Cichon and Chris Kiser show us how they grow talapia and lettuce in a pest and fertilizer free environment. We then tour UH Sea Grant Hilo’s sturgeonfish and other aquaculture projects with Kevin Hopkins.
Watch the trailer for Season 1, Episode 11 on Vimeo or Youtube.
Or watch this episode on YouTube
- Grade 5: Ecosystem Cycling
- Activity: Aquaponics in a Bottle
- Further Investigations: Hydroponics to Aquaponics
- Grades 6-12: Evidence of Common Ancestry and Diversity – Fish
- Compare-Contrast-Connect: Comparing Different Classes of Fish: Sharks versus Bony Fishes
- Question Set: Evidence of Common Ancestry and Diversity – Fish
IN THIS SECTION
Select a season of Voice of the Sea
Kanesa Seraphin, Ph.D.