Center for Marine Science Education Infographic
The Center Serves To:
- Build partnerships and enhance marine science education at all levels
- Connect scientists, teachers, students, and life-long learners
- Act as a repository and a point of initiation for new ocean science and ocean education projects
- Increased understanding and appreciation of the marine and coastal environment
- Kilo were people who made detailed observations of the nuances of their surroundings in relation to their cultural practice and livelihood.
- ‘Āina refers to our lands and oceans which are our sources of sustenance.
Exploring our fluid earth: The Hawai‘i Sea Grant Center for Marine Science Education formed a partnership with NOAA and the University of Hawai‘i to develop a middle and high school level science-based curriculum in ocean and coastal sciences in Hawai‘i.
- Based on an award winning curriculum.