Mapping the Freshwater of Hawaiʻi
In this episode, we learn how scientists use chemical signatures to track the flow of freshwater underground and into the ocean as part of the ‘Ike Wai project’s work to map and model the aquifer system of underground, stored freshwater in Hawaiʻi.
Watch the trailer for Season 4, Episode 1 on Vimeo or Youtube.
Or watch this episode on YouTube
- Grades 6-12: Density, Temperature, and Salinity
- Activity: Stability of Water Layers
- Weird Science: Pure Water and Water Mixtures
- Weird Science: Types of Salts in Seawater
- Learn about the ‘Ike Wai project.
- Check out the ʻIke Wai Facebook page.
- Learn more about Henrietta Dulaiʻs research.
IN THIS SECTION
Select a season of Voice of the Sea
Kanesa Seraphin, Ph.D.