Over the next five years, Hawaiʻi Sea Grant will concentrate effort in five areas:
- Sustainable Coastal Development
- Hazard Resilience in Coastal Communities
- Sustainable Coastal Tourism
- Indigenous Cultural Heritage
- Water Resource Sustainability
These five interrelated focus areas emerged from the strategic planning process as areas of critical importance to the health and vitality of the nation’s coastal resources and communities. They respond to issues of major importance to NOAA, are consistent with the work of the NOAA coastal program integration effort, and are topical areas in which Sea Grant has made substantial contributions in the past and is positioned to make significant contributions in the future.